Puccho Kajitsu King Candy + Otano no topo (Creme Brulee) + Award

1.16.2011

Nothing like spending a leisurely Sunday eating sweets, watching My Fair Wedding reruns, and surfing the internet.  Love it ^_^


Let me introduce you to one of the most interesting candy I've eaten in awhile - Puccho Kajitsu King candy.  The bag makes me chuckle ^^ It's pretty off the wall even considering the Asian love of kooky packaging~ 


It has real chunks of dried strawberry and pineapple in it and is made by the same company who makes Hi-Chew, so the white part has a similar (if not identical) flavor and consistency.


I really dig how they used real bits of fruit in the candy, which you can really taste since the white part doesn't really taste like much - it tastes (and looks) exactly the same as the white coating on the Hi-chew candies.  There is a definite pineapple flavor, more than strawberry, which is understandable since it's naturally a stronger flavor. Since there's fruit the texture of the candy is pretty odd...dried fruit + chewy candy but it's not unpleasant. 

This is definitely one of the more unique candies I've ever eaten and it's my brother's favorite Asian candy - and that's saying something since he always tries every piece of candy I buy (usually behind my back -____-).  ahhah and it is certainly a must try :}


Otona no topo is a kind of bastardized Pocky ^_^ all the coating is on the inside~


Each box came with two packets :} The hollow tubes are coated on the inside with a (really) sweet creme brulee flavored cream, but it lacked the subtly of real creme brulee so I actually didn't like this too much :\  The cracker part was oddly...salty?  and that made the cream even sweeter.  I prefer the "real" Pocky ^_^  You won't be missing out on much if you don't try this I think.

Also, this is much belated post but Elisa of Memorable Days was kind enough to tag me for this awhile back :)


I tried valiantly to not tag people who have been tagged before by me so here goes to my more recent discoveries (or those I hadn't gotten to tagging till now) who have impressed me with their well-rounded posts and lovely personalities:

1. Dina (XYYan)
2. Bubbles & Beauty
3. Slowbro's Dreams
4. patikym
5. Bibi
6. Silky Bow
7. Beauty & Gardens
8. Rinny's Beauty Diary
9. The Little Dust Princess
10. The Pioneer Woman - this isn't a "beauty" blog but who doesn't know this lady?!   She takes lovely landscape and food photos for one thing and just about the only person I can think of who talks so much about cows xD   She's really catapulted to fame via her blog - she's been on Food Network, published a cook book, is writing another book (a love story) and apparently it's being made into a movie with Reese Witherspoon in it O_O  And her photographs...*_*!
11. Musings of an Offbeat Biped
12. eyeseeyouuu - circle lens and her pencil sketches O_O
13. Cosmeddicted
14. BethLovesApple
15. Buhay sa Korea - Filipino living in Seoul.  One of the few strictly personal blogs I read ^_^

FYI: I tagged a lot of people in previous award tags but I'm really bad with going around and 'alerting' people ^_^ So, please - if you have time, please mosey on over through my old award tags cuz I prolly tagged you and didn't tell you :P

I hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!

15 comments :

  1. i really like toppos they are much more satisfying that pockys! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm my sisters and I love Asian snacks! We always load up when we go to the Korean market, hehe ;3

    I've never tried those Creme Brulee Pocky things, the chewy candies sound interesting though. I like chewy snacks :D (Is that a mustache on the bag?? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chom chom chom. Seems like I have the same sweet spot as you :-P My friend always brings me back all these different flavours of pocky when he goes to Asia like CRAB flavour. Seriously amazing & weird stuff X-D. Yummy yummy yummy ! ^^ I want to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first, congrats on the award!

    i would love to try that candy. and i looove my fair wedding too! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the award, your blog really does look lovely ^^ And thank you for giving me the award too!! :D

    I'm not really a sugary, sticky sweets type of person (more the chocolate and cookies type) but I like the packaging, it's really appealing :P Is that a mustache?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. the packaging of puccho kajitsu king is adorable~ haha
    love the mustache =D
    && i like high chew... so i'll def try this if i find it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww thank you so much for tagging me <33

    BY the way.. OBSESSED with pioneer woman! she is my life! I have her recipe books too. AH! i'm obsessed with makeup and food blogs HAHAH!

    AND OMG i love Hi chews... i MUST find this candy now. xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for tagging me ^_^.
    I've always had a thing for chewy lollies, and now you make me crave some D;

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing I was scrolling through your posts or else I would have never known that you tagged me! Thanks so much Elle! I'll put your link under my awards section in my sidebar ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Rinny said, good thing I was on your blog because I wouldn't have known about this tag! Thanks a lot! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Rinny said, good thing I was on your blog because I wouldn't have known about this tag! Thanks a lot! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww thank you so much for tagging me <33

    BY the way.. OBSESSED with pioneer woman! she is my life! I have her recipe books too. AH! i'm obsessed with makeup and food blogs HAHAH!

    AND OMG i love Hi chews... i MUST find this candy now. xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chom chom chom. Seems like I have the same sweet spot as you :-P My friend always brings me back all these different flavours of pocky when he goes to Asia like CRAB flavour. Seriously amazing & weird stuff X-D. Yummy yummy yummy ! ^^ I want to try more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really like toppos they are much more satisfying that pockys! XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels