Raindance Makeup Tutorial + Raincloud Earrings + Blueberry Kitkats!

1.19.2011


This is a blue post: blue rain drops, blue eye makeup, blueberry kitkats~ I must confess that I am not sure if this qualifies as a "wearable" look tho... it looks more like a 'snow' look rather than a 'rain' look...rats. Oh well.  I'm still rather fond of the colors I used here, I have such a weakness for blues and greens ^_^

My beloved grey knit cap is turning a faded green from many washings :\ As for why I'm wearing a scarf so weird...I'll let you in on a little secret - I was wearing PJs so I covered up my top with a scarf :)

D

Products Used:
Missha Color Stick Eyes in WH01
Maybelline Quad in Charcoal Smokes
Daiso Shine Eyes palette in Blue
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Flipside
Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Liner in Black
Maybelline The Falsies in Black
R&R Blush in Foreplay
Tutti Dolci Lipgloss in Lemon Meringue (smells SO good)

On Face:
Skinfood Mushroom BBcream in Shade 1
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in Shade 2

On Nails:
Zoya Ibiza
Nubar 2010

I'm not sure where you can buy the Daiso Shine Eyes palette I'm using here.  I suspect that the palette I'm using is the same as this, just arranged differently and with a different name.  The color swatches look exactly the same.  Anyway, I really do recommend this palette - so pigmented!  The down side is that my whole palette shattered (in case you couldn't tell ^^) and it's constantly shedding powder everywhere -_-

Here tis a closeup:


I have a little errant tail of blue eyeliner on the center of the lid xD! But I'm more annoyed with my eyelid...I don't understand how I line my lashes right along my lashline yet when I open my eyes, I look like I put too much eyeliner on towards the outer half. Argh!?   Much like Rimmel Airy Fairy turning a hideous shade of purple on me, this remains a mystery to me :\


Anyway, I just adore these Raincloud earrings, the more I wear them, the more I fall in love ^_^  I always get compliments on them and they're so comfortable!   I knew I didn't regret getting them the second they came out of the box, the molten look of the clouds just totally makes it for me.  And of course...candy.


The one of the left was a delicious sweet green tea flavored caramel (I think).  As for the one on the right, Steph warned me it that the coating was really bitter (like real matcha). It was ^_^ at first I was like wtf O_O, but then once the bitter coating melted away, it made sweetness of the chewy center was that much better.  Overall, definitely a good candy. I appreciate how real matcha powder was used and the overall effect of the candy is authentic and not cloyingly sweet.  Very memorable!  It's a real pity that I haven't seen either of these at Asian markets around me :(


I was so thrilled to try the blueberry Kitkat! I've chatted about the greatness that is Japanese KitKats before, so trying another flavor was *heaven*.  The coating was milk chocolate with a mild blueberry filling between the wafers.  I kinda wish the blueberry flavor was stronger (I adore blueberries), but I still enjoyed this kitkat quite a bit. I ate it all too fast :(  Since blueberry is such a mild, delicate flavor, I think it would've been better to coat this in white chocolate with blueberry bits (and a bit of blueberry flavoring ^_^).  I think it'd be so pretty!  A white chocolate bar with flecks of blue :D like blueberry and cream~

Anyway, that's all for now!

24 comments :

  1. nice tutorial elle =D and i really like those cute earrings. Just went to their website and they got cute some cute stuff! makes me think of dsk and eki's jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your tutorial! :) i really like the blue~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute tut~. <33 : D

    Also... I love the combination of colours on the earrings. Definitely some of the prettiest pieces of jewelry I've seen in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that look looks beautifullll on you!!!

    OMG i love your asian candy hauls- i LOVE that matcha coated one! it's one of my favorites!!! but it hurts my teeth sometimes cus it takes a lot of effort. my student was once eating it and his loose tooth came out lol! OMG where do you get blueberry kitkattssss amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tut, very pretty on you!

    Beneaththesunn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Japanese Kitkat. My asian candy store used to carry the green tea kitkat and it was yummy. I want to try some blueberry kitkat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I knew how to edit the way you do. I have no clue what to use or how to even start. I'm surprise I know how to navigate myself on a camera. LOL

    I think your earrings are darling, & I've always wanted to try out japanese kit kat's...I here there is a green tea version and its DELISH...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so pretty! The blue e/s color is so strikingly beautiful on you!! :) And your earrings are the cutest! The clouds get me too! I just love them!

    And the famous flavored Kit Kats! I see them at my local Japanese market! I have yet to try some, sadly :p I will purchase soon, b/c I love blueberries too!!! :D And green tea, and melon and whatever flavor I can find :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the blue theme going there - you look so cute and glowy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the all blue everything! It's really pretty on your skin tone!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely blue eyes. i think it's quite wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Walmart. I should go because this looks like a good eye shadow. :)

    Blue looks nice on you! Kit Kat = YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look flippin' amazing in this photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those earrings are so pretty~
    && this blue theme is cuteeee
    ohhh i wanna try the green tea candies~
    lol you should email nestle regarding your kit kat idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah japanese kit kats are pretty amazing. and the blue and silver looks great on you, reminds me of water and fish :) have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your eye makeup looks really pretty! I love how bright the blue is :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow...you're always pretty and talented! love your every tutorial XD~~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finally have a chance to comment. I hope you don't mind if I use your photo in my blog/shop! :) It's gorgeous! The eyes look great, and I'm laughing at how you used a scarf. I couldn't tell!

    When I saw that you were wearing the earrings in the video I was doing a happy dance on the inside. hehe.

    I'm glad you liked the candies and the kit kat. I hope they bring back the blueberry flavor too! Your version sounds much better and a possibility for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh *drool* haha, yumm! I want some of that kit kat! The only new flavor i've tried is the green tea kit kat and i love it. i've been obsessed with green tea chocolate candies recently since my friend from japan sent me some.
    & i love the look Elle! So beautiful! Gah, I haven't commented you in forever! I've been so busy lately! I still do read your blog! ^_^ Take Care Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finally have a chance to comment. I hope you don't mind if I use your photo in my blog/shop! :) It's gorgeous! The eyes look great, and I'm laughing at how you used a scarf. I couldn't tell!

    When I saw that you were wearing the earrings in the video I was doing a happy dance on the inside. hehe.

    I'm glad you liked the candies and the kit kat. I hope they bring back the blueberry flavor too! Your version sounds much better and a possibility for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh *drool* haha, yumm! I want some of that kit kat! The only new flavor i've tried is the green tea kit kat and i love it. i've been obsessed with green tea chocolate candies recently since my friend from japan sent me some.
    & i love the look Elle! So beautiful! Gah, I haven't commented you in forever! I've been so busy lately! I still do read your blog! ^_^ Take Care Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that look looks beautifullll on you!!!

    OMG i love your asian candy hauls- i LOVE that matcha coated one! it's one of my favorites!!! but it hurts my teeth sometimes cus it takes a lot of effort. my student was once eating it and his loose tooth came out lol! OMG where do you get blueberry kitkattssss amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. eToro is the most recommended forex broker for newbie and established traders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels