NOTD: The Last of Winter~ Zoya Edtya

4.11.2011

Super short post today (to make up for the atrociously long one last time ^_~). I just wanted throw up this last backlogged "winter" NOTD I had sitting on my harddrive before I start fawning over spring/summer happy nail colors ^_^  Although I've been pretty busy :( one thing I've been good at is snapping pics of my nails, so I've collected quite a backlog of them ^^   

Seche Vite Base Coat
Zoya Edtya - 2 coats
Seche Vite Top Coat

I am proud to say this is a very accurate shot of Zoya Edtya ^_^  It's a pretty forest green with gold (and a tiny hint of blue) micro-glitters.  It has an almost mossy textured finish that I find rather intriguing.  This polish always strikes me as a Christmas-y polish; next year, hopefully, I'll have time to jazz it up with some holiday designs.   It's a very easy to apply - the classic Zoya formula in other words.  It's very opaque and you can easily get away with just two coats.  It's not quite as long lasting as Zoya Freja though, this starts chipping a tad in about a week while Freja goes chip-less for up to 2 weeks.  I noticed this because I wore these polish back to back.  Another negative is that omg, this stains your nails if you don't use a base coat.  Even with a base coat, after removing this I had a faint green tinge that lasted for a day or two! I've never had a staining problem before or since so it definitely is this particular polish.  I don't know if it's the fault of my base coat or Edtya itself but this staining problem is why I don't think I'll ever wear this color regularly.

Nonetheless, I don't regret buying it.  It's one of those polishes that don't stand out as much but I haven't gotten sick of it either. The rich forest green with gold sparkle just makes it a very warm, holiday-ish color.  I think there was a mad rush for Edtya a few months ago for one reason or another, but even though the hype has died down, I still like it.  I just wish it didn't stain my nails so much :P

12 comments :

  1. Really nice color but it stains the nail? That's so odd, I've never come upon something like that. Scary really cause if people didn't know better they might think you have some sort of sickness with tinted green nails lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks more yellow when it's on me for some reason.... it's a good color for the holidays for sure!

    Thanks for all the comments btw :D More food posts to come hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elle!

    Sorry for the long absence and lack of commenting. I loooove Zoya Edtya and great job on taking accurate pictures. Sorry about the staining, I've worn this color twice without stain but I use Essie Protein Base Coat (kind of opaque milky white) so maybe that helps. I'm super jealous of your well maintained cuticles, I never post NOTDs because my nails are so janky LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like the colour! Though I don't think it's something I might buy for myself...
    Ah, too bad it stains your nails! I have the most prettiest red shade nailpolish here, and I was shocked to see it left my nails an odd shade of pinkish red after removing it T.T Now I tried the polish on a clear base coat, hope it'll avoid stains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this color on you! I want to try zoya so badly they have such pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, i like that forest green color! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that this is a really nice holiday color - it definitely suits the fall and winter seasons :) I haven't had too many problems with staining before, but I did experience it once with a dark purple China Glaze polish. And I'm pretty sure I used a base coat too :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color, boo about the staining :(
    If nailpolish stains then it scores a low grade with me~

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. the green is a cool color cuz it's so dark and I love that gold tinge. but yeah I can't stand nail polish that stains your nails haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. very christmas-y indeed! i can totally see myself wearing that shade during the holidays, with one fingernail on each hand in red. haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful color, boo about the staining :(
    If nailpolish stains then it scores a low grade with me~

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels