Nicole by OPI Love Your Life and Let's Get Star-ted

6.14.2011


I got these a while back at Walmart because I have a weakness for glitter and impulse buys.  They look great in the bottle huh?  I was just going to Let's get Star-ted at first but the hearts just called my name :)

Purchased at: Don't remember but they were $6-7/each. Not exactly cheap.  You can get this at Walmart and Target as well as other drugstores I'm sure.


Packaging: Bottle is a cool shape.  Kind of like a sphere squashed on one side :]   The brush is rather unusual though - very wide and flat with the tip cut in a V-shape (though my shitty macro shot does little to show that).  The tip of the V is to "place" the huge stars and hearts onto your nail....which brings me to the formula....

Formula: ....since the idea is more to "place" the large glitter pieces onto your nail rather than brush them on, this formula does not glide no matter how you play with it.  It goops, clumps, and dries gloopy - it's too viscous!  It's almost a gel rather than a liquid.   If you look at the Let's Get Star-ted nails below, you can see how friggin gloopy it dries :\  It also dries slowly...very slowly.

Removal is pretty easy though :)  All you do is hold a cotton pad to it, the "color" of the heart or star will turn silver, and you can just gently peel it off your nail. It's a fairly painless process.

Essie Ador-a-ball
OPI Love Your Life/Let's Get Star-ted
On top: OPI for Sephora Flurry Up

Overall
As cute as the finished look is it's SUCH a pain to fish those glitter flecks out then place it nicely on your nail before it hardens.  If you move it around too much the clear part of the formula starts "rolling up."    Also the little glitter sprinkles are essentially useless even though it does look nice in the bottle.  Application is a pain but removal is easy.   Surprisingly, I liked how Love Your Life turned out more even though I like stars more in general.  I think it's because the Let's Get Star-ted formula was even more viscous than the Love Your Life - I hated the way the final look dried in clear bumps and waves :\  Also the tips of the stars curl up a little so you do have to use a top coat (I didn't feel like it) if you don't want the tips of the stars folding up.

Overall, these were fun to play with but the formula got on my nerves so much that I just returned both.  I think these would be fun for a once in a while play, but it's not something I'll miss that much.

24 comments :

  1. Cute in the bottle, hassle to apply. I have Love Your Life and I hate it. The price should be cut down to $1 cause it's more like a dollar store product to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered about polish like those with the cute glitter inside... good to know that they're a hassle before I bought any!

    The pictures with the oranges are my favorite too! We got to pick 20 pictures to make into a book... and I wanted to put like half of the book in all orange-slice pictures ahahaha. My fiance said no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those stars and hearts are cuteeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh so adorable! Your nails look too cute with the stars and hearts. Glitter can be a pain to clean, right? >.< But too cute though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are cute, but i have given up on big glitters like that... my nails are not flat enough for them... they just curl up after an hour even with top coat!

    The brush for Nicole nail polishes is weird for me too.... it's too big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this does seem like something fun once in a while, but hmmm the glitter is a bit too big for me I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm the opposite, insofar as I usually prefer hearts to stars, but I really like Let's Get STARted better.

    I can see why the tedious application process, and goopy finish would turn you off, though. I've always hated thicker nail polishes, topcoats, etc.

    There's gotta' be some equally adorable glitters out there that don't apply so... badly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these look pretty cute! I kinda prefer Let's Get Star-ted over the hearts. Never really bothered with polish that have big chunks of glitter pieces because I find it a hassle to purposely place them nicely on each nail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such cute polishes!! looks great w the pink base ^_^ it does such that the edges of the stars poke up. that always happens to me and totally gets caught in my hair when I wash it >.<

    ReplyDelete
  10. These polishes look really cute! I have a soft spot for all glittery polishes in general though I think :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! Luckily there are japanese dupes around... cant get opi nicole in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oww… it's a pity the formula is not fantastic, because I really like the one with the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the hearts and stars!

    Elle, I also shared some awards with you: http://msodapop.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-awards.html

    Take care love! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. These polishes are cute! It's so bad that they're hard to apply. But, can't believe that glitter polishes can be easy to remove. > < They look nice on your nails anyways. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally Cute! Very thorough review also!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUPERRR CUTE!! <3 <3 even though the glitter is hard to apply and easy to remove =.= ~ lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. On the pictures it doesn't look bad...Cute, actually! But it sounds like a pain to apply -__- Especially the slow-drying part. No one has time to sit around for more than a couple of minutes to watch their polish dry! We've got better things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know how you feel about fishing those glittered pieces out. I have 1 of those Justin Bieber polishes and I had the hardest time using it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've tried such nail polishes before — totally agree on them being a pain when placing the heart or star on nails.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loveee the one with the hearts~!
    You're so lucky, I wish they had Nicole by OPI here

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, I really like the love locks... that's really sweet! Is it a tradition to do that? Do you bring your own lock? :p

    You haven't updated for awhile!!! Hope you're okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, I really like the love locks... that's really sweet! Is it a tradition to do that? Do you bring your own lock? :p

    You haven't updated for awhile!!! Hope you're okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. SUPERRR CUTE!! <3 <3 even though the glitter is hard to apply and easy to remove =.= ~ lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels