More Buzz Bakery Cupcakes

2.23.2012

Cookies & Cream, Lemon/Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, Coffee, Marble

Yahhh almost Friday! A partner brought in more of these sinful cupcakes to work and I ate one at 10:30 am because I have the restraint of a 5 year old :(  This is my second time I've tried Buzz Bakery & Lounge cupcakes and lord, they are as decadent as they were the first time.

The one I tried was the their signature Cookie Monster/Cookies & Cream (upper left corner).  Surprisingly it was not the typical chocolate chip cookie I expected!  The mini cookie on top is in fact a cranberry studded oatmeal cookie!  The frosting was a rich cream and didn't have much flavor beyond being decadently sweet.  The cake part itself was a rather odd mix of chocolate chips, oatmeal, and raisins.  There was a mouthful of cookie dough in the center which was a (very) sweet surprise.  I feel like they were attempting to add a twist to the typical chocolate chip cookie dough thing but sadly, I must admit, overall I thought this cupcake was a little weird O_o....  It was unique, but weird.  I liked the surprise cookie dough center but the whole oatmeal cookie monster thing didn't leave me wanting more.  And once again, I feel like Buzz cupcakes = sugar overload.  Hello Cupcake in Dupont is much yummier in my opinion.  HC cupcakes are smaller, lighter, and less in-your-face-sweet :P but I seem to be in the minority here because Buzz Bakery has higher Yelp ratings :\

4 comments :

  1. omg these look super good!!! Hope you had a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  2. love cupcakes and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look absolutely delicious! I probably couln't restraint myself either!

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels