Korea Trip 2010, Part 18: Random Sights of Busan

5.02.2012


This is a mini-post of random non-food pics I took in Busan.  Above is by far one of my favorite pics among the thousands I took. Allow me to proudly present....the most stereotypical young Korean couple ever ^_^!  I saw them at the bus stop and I was quite entranced by how romantic they were in a way that is distinctly un-American.  Given I am Korean and have seen enough k-dramas to last me a lifetime, but seeing it real life was something else.

Let me preface this by saying that they were clearly a loving couple, enviably so actually. I wouldn't mind wearing a couple outfit (don't judge me!).   In any case, there was something slightly kooky and very endearing about their matching outfits (right down to the sandals!), gigantic DSLR cameras, and bright red umbrella to block the sun.... I think this pic captures everything that is quintessentially Korean - quirky, sun-hating, romance-loving, and utterly selca-addicted!

Continued from Part 17: The United Nations Memorial Cemetery
To start from the beginning go to Part 1: Flying to Tokyo


Nick-khun (2PM) and Yoon Eun Hye (Coffee Prince) advertising Cass Beer!  As you can see, it was a rainy day :P


Tree~!  Dang, I forgot what this place is called but there were tons of tourists and dating couples.  You hike up the side of the mountain (lots of girls did this in heels) and can ride a train around the top if you like.  There were a lot of little fountains where fresh spring water was bubbling up and many people were filling up plastic bottles with this "spring water."


I thought the juxtaposition of the older homes and towering apartment complexes was cool.  I know there's a deep lesson about the decay of tradition and the inexorable rise of modernity hidden somewhere in this pic but I am too lazy to find it xD


Last thing for today...a sculpture of a sea monster!  I would've paid good money to have had a chance to swim out to the tail or head and take a pic....but next time, next time.


And a super tall building and crane. When I said "random," I wasn't kidding ;) eheh

Next up, lunch at Ga-yah Mir-myun Restaurant!

3 comments :

  1. I love these Korea trip posts! I've always wanted to go, especially now that I've gotten into a Korean craze in recent years :P Reading your posts make me feel like I'm experiencing a bit of their culture even though I'm not physically there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for the Best Dating Site? Join to find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels