Tis a Holly Jolly Holiday!

12.25.2012


Yahyahayah! It's Christmas! Jeepers, work has been crazy... everyone has been trying to polish things off for the new year I guess~  I can't BELIEVE that it's almost 2013 - this year has gone by so fast! I feel like I say that every year but I'll say it again - the older you get, the faster time seems to go by.


Anyway, I watched The Hobbit yesterday and it was very good indeed!  I'm pretty annoyed that there are two more bloody movies left of the book *sigh* But the movie was such a visual feast, so more movies the better I suppose?  And after watching The Hobbit, I went home and re-watched the Extended Versions of the LOTR trilogy and holy smokes, I forgot how LONG the extended versions are!  BUT they are so good and I can't think of a better way to wait for Christmas than watch the LOTR with family ^_^

In between watching Gollum pitching fits and Legolas' lovely hair fluttering in the wind, I thought I would also finish a Christmas-related tag that Fannie looped me into as well (thanks Fannie!).

Cake balls!

The Holly Jolly Holiday Tag

1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
I always PLAN on shopping early but....yeah, I was shopping till yesterday....

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
Love Actually ehhe ;)  So much love and squishy feelings all around!

3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Eve, because the anticipation of Christmas!  Christmas is pretty sweet too but I like the whole bit about staying up late and frantically wrapping presents ;)

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
About 2 weeks before Christmas.  My dad hates decorations because it means taking them down after Christmas ahah, but he gets guilt tripped into it every year by my mum and the fact that our house is the only one in cul-de-sac without festivities ehehe  My dad decorates the outside and my mom does the tree :)

5. White lights or colored lights?
Hrmmm....white lights!  It's more classy and reminds me of stars!  Colored lights are ok too, but they don't seem very holiday-ish to me.  Quite frankly, after college, colored lights just remind me of freshman dorm rooms.

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I don't peek anymore because it's too much work ;) But when I was younger, I definitely snooped for presents!

Curses...even after all these years, I still have a weakness for troubled, mischievous waif-like boys.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Santa's workshop of course!  I would love to see the operations behind Santa's Workshop.  The sheer organizational infrastructure required to get presents to every kid in the world (plus tracking inventory and child behavior) would be a sight to behold.  Plus you would get to wear cute outfits! And work with elves!  And pet reindeer! And maybe ride on a sleigh!  Also, if someone as cute as Jack Frost from Rise of Guardians is hanging around - HELLZ YES, I would prefer Santa's Workshop!

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
Staying up late and pretending half the family isn't holed up frantically wrapping gifts ^_^

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
ehehhe wouldn't you like to know ;)?

Our Christmas tree!

10. What tops your tree?
A big red & gold bow~  My mom is going through an artsy-fartsy stage in her life xD

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
Nope - but I sure wouldn't mind 12 days of Christmas break!

12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
No, and that is my gift to the world.  Hearing me sing would be quite the opposite of a gift....

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
Well, I countdown till VACATION for sure ;) As for the second question - NONE - hurray!!

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Chocolate and fudge :)  Sugar cookies and ham too if we're lucky!


15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
Christmas has become more magical to me as I got older because I value the people I spend it with more.  When I was younger, I was little present-monger, but now I don't care that much about gifts.  It is more exciting to find the exact right thing for people I want to give presents to. Also, I marvel at how lucky my family is to have the the luxury to simply be together without a care in the world.  If there's any magic in the world, it's this.

From Cupcakes Actually

I hope you all are having an awesome Christmas surrounded by family & friends!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels