A Taste of Cancun

4.18.2013


I have 11 mosquito bites on my face, am sunburned in places I never thought could be sunburned, and am bone tired from being at the airport for 24 hours in the last two days (thanks American Airlines), but Cancun was ah-mah-zing :)! Julie and I pretty much hit all the main tourist attractions in the area - Chichen Itza, Tulum, Isla Mujeres, Xel-ha.... Everywhere we went there was just so much beauty, in both the land so steeped in history and in the kindness of the people we met.


Snorkeling at Xel-ha, the world's largest natural aquarium. Credits: Julie
The Temple of Kukulkan at Chichen Itza.
Performer at Coco Bongo.
An iguana chillin' at the ruins of Tulum.
The beautiful shores of Isla Mujeres (Island of Women). Credits: Julie
A lion fish.
Street market wares.
Giant starfish at La Isla Shopping Mall.

I'll definitely be doing a day-to-day recap of this trip, so hopefully these pics whet your appetite in the meantime ehhe ;) Off to bed now! It's going to be weird sitting in a cubicle after a week of freely roaming the tropical paradise that is Quintana Roo....

8 comments :

  1. *sigh* such LOVELY photos! I haven't been to Cancun for 8 years (holy sh*t!) but it doesn't look like it's changed much at all! Sorry to hear about the mosquito bites - I'm allergic to certain bug bites and got a CRAZY one that turned blu-ish/black while in Cancun.
    I look forward to seeing more pics from your lovely vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've never really wanted to go to Cancun until now!

    Though.. the bug bites would be hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! my gosh! you where on Cancun too.
    I must say that ITS FCK*** AMAZING!!!!

    Nobody can dia before going to cancun on vacations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can go again visit Xcaret, amazing place...

      Delete
    2. I wish I had!! If I go again I definitely plan on going to Xcaret!

      Delete
  4. makes me want to travel around as well elle o.o !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. msn i haven't been to cancun since i was 8! Kinda scared to because of all the heat and mosquitos D: but I know it's a beautiful place. I haven't been to the places you mentioned in this post! looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels