Curse you, itchy pimples!

5.29.2013

Totally un-po'shopped, for your viewing pleasure :)

About 2 weeks ago, a small cluster of pimples popped up on my left jaw area. I treated them as I usually treat pimples - wash my face and stick an acne patch on it. However, this time, the pimples kept doing the pop, bleed, regrow thing :P I'm pretty good about not picking zits so I got worried when I noticed they weren't healing and appeared to be spreading down to my lower jaw :\ Also, these pimples/zits/demon pustules were so damn itchy!

I wasn't planning on taking anything for it (I'm a bit of a hippie when it comes to taking antibiotics), but when I went to my doctor for a checkup, she pounced on my face and insisted I try Clindamycin. She actually thought what I had was an infection, not pimples, but either way she said it should help. Thank goodness insurance covered it because that tube originally cost $500!

Anyway, I've been using Clindamycin for 2 days now and I think it's working! On the first day, all the scabs you see in the pic above came off cleanly and the pimples don't itch quite as much :) Also, I think it stopped spreading. The Clindamycin gel feels very mild and so far, no irritation or even dry skin.  My skin tingles a little now and then, but it's much better than the incessant itching from before!

I'll post another picture at the end of the week for comparison's sake, but yeah, so glad it's going away. I was worried this would turn into another Skin Fiasco of 2009 :\

14 comments :

  1. Ouch >< It must hurt a tonne! I hope it gets better :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Elle, don't you just hate it when you think you have the whole skin thing under control, and then all of a sudden it starts being all like "whatevs, I'm just gonna break out and hurt like a bitch, whether you like it or not"?

    Glad to hear it's clearing up. Antibiotics are no fun but they sure help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughh I've been lucky to not have a breakout more serious than one inflammed pimple at a time, if you even call that a breakout, more like a "pop-up." Lol, but I can't wait to see your end results. My little sister is always asking me about products for her skin and pimples/acne and I can never really help, because mine isn't as severe, so maybe this is something she can look into..

    xx Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, if I were you, I would've popped those a long time ago! Hope it heals quick for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I know how you feel, I used to have something similar and I went to a asian place that helped me clear it up. But I hope it clears up soon.

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. *ugh* I HATE pimples. I had pretty good skin in my teen years, but my early twenties hit and BAM, bad skin. Sounds like your doctor/dermatologist had the answer for your issues - but WOW, $500 for the tube of balm...that's insane - but glad to hear that it was covered by your medical insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack, pimples! I'm glad you are getting better though. Wow, that prescription normally costs 500!?! That is crazy.
    Do a comparison! I love to see those. Take care, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks very serious, so it is good to hear that it is clearing up now. The gel sound wonderful, you should do a review on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know that your pimples are going away. Keep us updated on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank goodness for insurance... because I can't even imagine!

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that the doctor knew immediately what to give you and it seems to be working!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man that looks like it hurts!!! glad you found something for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hope u getting better soon !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad Clindamycin works well. Please get better soon my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels