September 5, 2013

37 Days in Korea

Bar in Hongdae.

37 days in Korea, 13.5 days in Jeju.

I've done more crazy, new things in the last month than I have in 5 years. That both thrills me and really, really depresses me. And there's so much more I want to do - life is so damn short.... It took me over quarter of a century to realize that - life is so precious and my god, how I've spent so much of it whining :P

Anyway, here's what I've been up to lately - a picture is worth a thousand words so here ya go :)

King Sejong, temple, rather clever English wordplay (for once), a kid shitting in a pot, and chickens....
I finally fulfilled my dream of holding a chicken wrapped in a silk blanket.
A sassy lobster, pissing in fountains, chillin' at the Nexon Computer Museum, a Butthole Club (really), and typing on a delicious waffle keyboard (complete with custard filled mouse).
Soldier at Gyeongbokgung, coolest doors eva, partaking in Korea's #1 pastime - drinking :P, and awesome peach/apple/pear/etc shaped seats~

Life is busier and more tiring than it was in DC - I'm exhausted every day (moving to a new country is not a friggin joke) - reading simple things like menus and building names weary me (I swear, half the problem is sounding out bastardized English words with a Korean accent) - and every single day is moving faster than the last.

I'm pushed way out of my comfort zone every day, I don't know what the next day will bring, I don't know wtf I was thinking dropping all my shit and moving here.... I don't know where I'll be in 365 days....

But I feel freer and more alive than I have in such a long time.

Notebook at Artbox, Hongdae, Seoul, South Korea

I don't know if this feeling is happiness exactly, but what the hell....who knows what happiness really is anyway?

9 comments

  1. WOW, i know you're busy everyday but enjoy it while you can :) You're in an amazing place with so much to see and learn. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually never seen a chicken up close. :) I wanted to look at them at the markets in Hong Kong, but people don't let you go close to them anymore fearing for diseases.

    Coming Chuseok must be a lot of fun for you. Like with Chinese celebrations, it is all about lots of good food and having fun.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever that feeling is, it's wonderful! Freedom feels so nice... enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds my of my days in Korea. Oh how I miss it! I would love to go back there. The flight from London to Korea is expensive including the hotel costs too. I def. will go back there some time in my life- no doubt. :)

    The fruit seats are so cool. Koreans are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your life in Korea looks so adventurous already! And I agree, life is too damn short. You have to give everything a chance. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY HOMEY WHERE ARE YOU I MISS YOUR POSTS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That waffle keyboard!! You holding the chicken in a silk blanket! I'm glad you're enjoying your new life in Korea!! I wanna come visit and eat waffle keyboards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I'm so jealous!
    this is an awesome post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What was in the butthole museum... I'm almost afraid to ask.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete